- Category: Latest News Items
- Published on Wednesday, 08 September 2010 08:51
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 1515
Welcome back, we hope you had a lovely summer.
The new term starts from Wednesday the 8th September to the 15th December.
Class times are as shown on separate schedule
The Carlow International will take place Sat & Sunday 2 & 3rd of October
The final Pre Dan Grading examination Sunday is the 24th of October
The Kyu Grading examination will take place on Sunday the 7th of November.
The Dan Grading examination will betake place on Sunday the 14th of November.
You should always prepare yourself properly (mentally and physically) for Karate training and the Training Hall (Dojo) should be treated with respect by following the
Shotokan Rules of the Dojo
- On entering the Dojo bow respectfully
- Always address the instructor as Sensei during class
- Always arrive punctually for training
- Do not eat for an hour before training
- Use the toilet before practice
- Do not shout or use offensive language in the Dojo
- No smoking ,chewing gum or eating in the Dojo
- Keep finger and toe nails short and clean to prevent injuries to others
- If you are late kneel in” Mokso” until you are invited to join the class
- Always wear a clean Karate suit and the belt of your grade
- Line up quickly at the start of the class
- During ”Mokso “---- clear your mind so that you can concentrate fully on the lesson in hand
- Listen carefully and seriously to instructions given by the Sensei
- When listening stand , kneel , or sit properly – do not slouch
- Train hard for self improvement – do not mock or criticise fellow students
- Do not leave the class without receiving permission
- Always bow when leaving the Dojo
- Always help to keep the Dojo clean and tidy
- Train regularly and practice at home
- Do not be afraid or ashamed to ask for further explanations
Anyone interested in competing in Carlow, please contact Liam Senior.
Looking forward to seeing you all back to full training
Osu – Liam Senior